- Attach the Fire Bowl to the Footed Base with the nuts and bolts provided. Do not overtighten.
- Slide the Wire Bail through the holes on either side of the Fire Bowl. Attach the loops to the center of each handle.
- Set the Fire Door in the 2 loop holders on the front of the Fire Bowl. The door swings open to load charcoal or remove ashes.
- Slide the Draft Door in the grooved area on the front of the Footed Base. Slide it left or right to adjust air flow.
- Before first use, rinse and hand-dry all pieces.
- Assemble per directions on box.
- Remove cooking grate and place charcoal on fire grate and light, or use a chimney starter.
- Grill grate can be set at 2 positions by using it as pictured or by flipping upside down.
- Adjust draft door to increase or restrict airflow for temperature control.
- Add or remove coals as needed through the fire door.
- Oil cooking grate just before adding food to avoid sticking.
- Let all parts cool before handling.
- After each use, wash cooking grate with hot water and a nylon brush or scrubber (not metal).
- Mild soap can be used occasionally if desired.
- Dry promptly, and rub or spray with a thin layer of cooking oil.
- For especially sticky messes, a plastic scraper can be used.
- For the remaining parts, always dump out any residual coals and ashes.
- These parts should be rinsed, dried and oiled every 3-4 uses at minimum.
- Rust? Don't panic. Clean and re-season following the instructions on this site.
- Always store in a dry place, preferably indoors.
- If kept outdoors, cover with Lodge A1-410 grill cover or other suitable cover.