- March 2021
Carne Asada Tacos
Posted By: David Decicco | Posted On:
- 1 ½ pound flank steak
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- ½ cup queso fresco
- 2 limes, quartered for garnish
- salsa verde, for garnish
- Blend garlic, chipotles, ½ the onion, lime juice, paprika, cumin, and oregano until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the flank steak with marinade and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Remove steak from marinade and discard excess sauce.
- Gradually heat your grill pan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Season steak with salt and pepper. Brush grill pan with oil and cook 4-6 minutes per side, or until it reaches desired doneness. Remove steak from the grill pan and allow it to rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Slice the steak against the grain into ¼-inch strips.
- To assemble the tacos, place strips of beef on the tacos, add the sliced onion, sprinkle with salsa verde, and top with queso fresco. Garnish with lime wedges.
All recipes are the courtesy of Lodge Manufacturing, TN USA