Blackberry Orange Tart... 23 Mar, 2021
Cinnamon Twists 23 Mar, 2021
Green Chile Steak 23 Mar, 2021
Low Country Skillet 15 Mar, 2021
Pulled Pork Barbecue... 15 Mar, 2021
- March 2021
Posted By: David Decicco | Posted On:
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- ¼ cup butter, very cold
- ⅔ cup milk
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Cut butter into flour until crumbs are the size of peas. Mix in milk with a fork until just combined.
- Roll dough into a rectangle on a floured surface about ¼-inch thick.
- Cut dough with a lightly floured doughnut cutter. Reserve the dough scraps. Lightly knead the dough back together as needed until you have 9 biscuit rounds.
- Dip biscuits in melted butter and then cinnamon-sugar mixture and coat well.
- Twist once and place on lightly greased griddle or large skillet about 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Serve warm.
- Don’t have a doughnut cutter? A thin-rimmed rocks glass and a small shot glass will do the trick.
- Have extra dough scraps? Let the family get creative with fun shapes and sizes. Bake time will stay the same.
All recipes are the courtesy of Lodge Manufacturing, TN USA