- March 2021
- February 2021
Chattanooga Whiskey Glazed Filet Mignon
Posted By: David Decicco | Posted On:
- 2, 6-ounce filets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 sprig rosemary
- ¼ cup Chattanooga Whiskey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dissolve brown sugar and ¼ teaspoon salt in whiskey, set aside.
- Season filets well on all sides with salt and pepper. Gradually preheat 8 inch skillet over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Sear filets for 4-5 minutes on one side. Flip and add butter and rosemary. Baste with butter and cook for 4-5 additional minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Turn burner off. Carefully add the whiskey mixture to skillet. Light the mixture using a long-handled lighter. Caution: there will be fire!
- Allow alcohol completely to burn away. Remove steaks and allow to rest 5 minutes. Turn the skillet back to medium-low heat and simmer for an additional 2 minutes until the glaze thickens.
- Discard garlic cloves and rosemary. Spoon the glaze over filets and serve.
All recipes are the courtesy of Lodge Manufacturing, TN USA