Blackberry Orange Tart... 23 Mar, 2021
Cinnamon Twists 23 Mar, 2021
Green Chile Steak 23 Mar, 2021
Low Country Skillet 15 Mar, 2021
Pulled Pork Barbecue... 15 Mar, 2021
- March 2021
Graduated Grilled Cheese
Posted By: David Decicco | Posted On:
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- ½ cup button mushroom, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat a University of Tennessee Skillet over medium heat, 4-5 minutes. Add sliced onion, mushrooms, 1 tablespoon butter, and seasonings. Sauté until vegetables are tender, 5-7 minutes.
- While onions and mushrooms are sautéing, butter one side of each piece of bread. Remove sautéed onion and mushrooms from the skillet.
- Assemble the grilled cheese. Place one slice of bread, butter side down, on the skillet. Place one piece of Swiss cheese and half of the sauté mixture on the bread. Add two slices of tomato, one slice of cheddar cheese, and another slice of bread, butter side up. Press sandwich with spatula. Cook until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Repeat with remaining grilled cheese ingredients. Slice diagonally and serve immediately.
All recipes are the courtesy of Lodge Manufacturing, TN USA