- March 2021
Herb Roasted Chicken With Lemon and Browned Butter
Posted By: David Decicco | Posted On:
- 1 whole chicken, 5-7 pounds
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons Herbs de Provence
- 8 cloves of garlic, left whole
- 2 shallots, chopped
- Dry chicken with paper towels. Season all over with salt and pepper, making sure to salt inside the cavity as well as under the wings and legs.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight. Take the chicken out of the fridge before preheating the oven to knock enough chill off the bird before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Squeeze half a lemon over the chicken. Brush the butter over the skin, pouring excess inside the cavity. Season liberally with herbs. Place 2 lemon halves, 4 garlic cloves, and the chopped shallot inside the cavity. Add the remaining garlic and lemon to the casserole pan or skillet.
- Place the chicken, breast-side up, in the oven and roast for 35 minutes. Remove the chicken and quickly baste. Place back in the oven and continue to roast until the skin is crispy and the chicken is cooked through (165° F), approximately 45 minutes.*
- Remove from the oven and tent with aluminum foil for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice chicken and spoon on pan sauce before serving.
If the skin starts get too dark, tent with aluminum foil until the chicken is cooked through.
All recipes are the courtesy of Lodge Manufacturing, TN USA