Korean Fried Chicken
Posted By: David Decicco | Posted On:
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 6 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon granulated ginger
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- ⅔ cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons gochujang (chili paste)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Green onion, sliced
- Mix together salt, pepper, baking powder, granulated ginger, and garlic. Toss chicken wings with seasoning mixture and refrigerate.
- Stir together ketchup, gochujang, honey, sugar, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium until sauce starts to boil. Remove from heat.
- Heat 6 cups of vegetable oil to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss chicken wings in cornstarch and shake off excess. Fry in batches for 7-10 minutes. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels
- Once all wings have been fried once, increase oil temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and fry again, 5 minutes.
- Toss with sauce and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
All recipes are the courtesy of Lodge Manufacturing, TN USA