- March 2021
One-Pan Cacio e Pepe Chicken and Rice
Posted By: David Decicco | Posted On:
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup grated pecorino, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped, plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towel and salt and pepper both sides. Over medium high, add olive oil to a 12” Lodge Blacklock skillet. Brown chicken thighs on both sides starting with skin side down--2-3 mins each side, remove and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium, sauté onion, garlic and thyme, until soft, 2-3 minutes. Add rice and combine until coated, 1-2 minutes. Add wine and reduce— approximately 1-2 mins, add stock, cheese and pepper and stir to combine. Add back chicken, skin side up, into pan. Finish with some black pepper and kosher salt to taste.
- Cover with tin foil and place in oven for 35 minutes. Uncover and continue to cook for 7-10 minutes. Let chicken rest 5-10 mins, fluff rice w fork. Garnish with parsley and more pecorino and serve immediately.
All recipes are the courtesy of Lodge Manufacturing, TN USA